Following Jesus Virtual Class
Faith is about being transformed into the likeness of Christ. In this weekly, virtual class we will be looking at the gospel accounts of those who followed Jesus and sharing our insights into their faith-life and ours, along with the love, joy, peace, patience, etc. that comes from accepting Christ as both Savior and Lord.
Join us for this interactive ZOOM Class every Tuesday evening at 7:00pm EST.
Prepare for the Zoom Class - September 29th
Read Luke 4:17-30 in several different translations by clicking the link below and choosing your translations of choice. After reading, answer the questions below before the Zoom class. You can even take notes and email them to yourself! After answering the questions, join the class at 7:00 pm.
What is your understanding of someone being “anointed?”
Jesus was anointed to:
- Preach good news to the poor.
- What is the good news? Who are the poor?
- What impact does the good news have on the poor?
- Proclaim freedom for prisoners - those taken captive by the devil.
- How do you see Jesus doing this?
- Give recovery of sight to the blind – those “unable to see clearly.”
- So who might some of these people be?
- Release the oppressed - those “crushed of strength.
- Who would this apply to and how does Jesus set them free?
- Proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
- What do you think this is about?
After a reading from the Scriptures the speaker would then expound on or explain the assigned reading. What does Jesus offer as an explanation?
- What is the initial response to Jesus’ declaration?
- Why do you think the people became so furious at Jesus?
Luke 4:30 - “But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way”
- What does this reveal to you about Jesus and His ministry?